- Motivate the students to keep their surroundings green and clean by undertaking plantation of trees.
- Promote ethos of conservation of water by minimizing the use of water.
- Motivate students to imbibe habits and life style for minimum waste generation, source separation of waste and disposing the waste to the nearest storage point.
- Revive the indigenous knowledge of organic farming, bio -fertilizer and rain water harvesting, use of renewable energy sources for sustainable development of our society.
- Educate students to create awareness amongst public and sanitary workers, so as to stop the indiscriminate dumping and burning of waste which causes respiratory diseases.
- Sensitize the students to minimize the use of plastic bags, not to throw them in public places as they choke drains and sewers, cause water logging and provide breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Organize tree plantation programme, awareness programme such as Quiz, painting competitions, wall magazines and rally etc. regarding various environmental issues and educate students about re-use of waste material & preparation of products out of waste
- Organize Nature Trail in Wild Life Sanctuaries/ Parks/ Lakes areas to know about the Bio-diversity.
- Dr. Babani Mandal (Convener)
- Prof. Arundhati Gunguly (Joint Convener)
- Prof. Debanjana Dutta
- Dr. Jaydeep Sarangi (TCS)
- Prof. Angana Dutta
- Prof. Atish Sardar
Green volunteers (Students)
- Iman Das (B.Sc-2H)
- Sourish Kar (B.Sc-2H)
- Srestha Bhattacharjee (B.Sc-2H)
- Tirtha Bal (B.Sc- 1G)
- Nandita Sarkar ((B.Sc- 1G)
- Shantanu Manna (B.Sc- 2G)
- Susmita Jana ((B.Sc- 2G)
- Subhasis Hazra (B.Sc-1H)
- Subhadeep Sarkar (B.Sc-1H)
- Somnath Das (B.Sc-1H)
- Jayanta Bhowmick (B.Sc-1H)
- Sarda Sk (B.Sc-1H)
- Shaiqua Anwar (B.Sc-1H)
- Amit Das (B.Sc-1H)
- Simrah Zabi (B.Sc-1H)
- Nargis Khatoon (B.Sc-1H)
- To build up awareness and education and make our students not only eco intelligent but good eco player.
- To facilitate development of education/training materials and aids in the formal education sector.
- To encourage the students for environmental awareness not only in the college campus but to motivate other people from macro to micro scale.
- To understand the need of plantation programme for social and community forestry.
- Organizing intra and inter college competition for students through poster, quiz, power point presentation and photography etc.
- Organizing different seminars and film show in collaboration with various organization regarding different issues of environment
- To understand the importance of organic farming and organize a showcase of organic products on exhibition cum sale regularly.
- To train the green volunteers for gardening on various aspects (medicinal, floral, agricultural and butterfly garden) and vermicomposting through experts.
- To organize educational tours to various places for direct interaction with the environmental components.
- To encourage non-governmental organizations, mass media and other concerned organizations for promoting awareness about environmental issues among the people at all levels
- To mobilize students’ participation for preservation and conservation of environment.